Stay for Greatness The World Golf Hall Of Fame
The World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum, located in the heart of World Golf Village, is the ultimate destination for the celebration and recognition of golf's greatest players and contributors.
Through a combination of both traditional and interactive exhibit areas, the World Golf Hall of Fame has something for everyone. Exhibits educate and entertain, while paying homage to the legends of the game.
Designed to appeal to golf fans as well as avid golfers, students and seniors, visitors to the World Golf Hall of Fame are able to:
- Capture a keepsake photo on a replica of St. Andrews' Swilcan Burn Bridge.
- Putt on an 1880s-style putting green with a wood-shafted putter and gutta percha ball.
- Learn the history of the R+A and the Open Championships.
- Get up close to over 2,500 pieces of authentic member memorabilia in the Member Locker Room.
- See highlights of golf's greatest moments in the Great Championship Moments mini-theater.
- Stand up to the pressure of TV cameras, commentators, and crowd noise while trying to sink the final putt and win Shell's Wonderful World Of Golf match.
- Enjoy two outdoor exhibits: The Challenge Hole, reminiscent of the 17th hole at TPC Sawgrass, and a real grass 18-hole Putting Course.
The World Golf Hall of Fame displays new exhibits that pay tribute to one of its members. In 2011, The Hall opened a special exhibit entitled "Nancy Lopez: Pride, Passion and Personality" telling the story of one of the LPGA's most beloved and talented ambassadors and featuring over 125 pieces of memorabilia, trophies and artwork. By popular demand, the Hall continues to feature "Bob Hope: Shanks for the Memory" which tells to story of the life and career of the famed comedian and golfer in more than 3,000 sq. ft. Highlights include an eight-minute "video monologue" of footage highlighting Hope's career narrated by golf legend Arnold Palmer; an audio guide with 32 stops; historic photography, 12 video screens with more than 2 hours of total footage; and the largest collection of Hope golf memorabilia ever displayed in one location.
For special events, the World Golf Hall of Fame is a magnificent venue for private and corporate functions, from the spacious Hall of Fame Plaza to the exclusive Trophy Tower, the Walk of Champions and the spectacular World Golf Hall of Fame IMAX® Theater.
The spirit of the game is yours to explore when you stay at Renaissance World Golf Village Resort.
Plan more three hours or more for a visit. Admission to the museum a round on the 18-hole putting course and a shot on the Challenge Hole.
New Addition | Audio Tour
The World Golf Hall of Fame is now offering a museum-wide audio tour, "Voices from the Hall," featuring over two-and-a-half hours of exclusive content from more than 35 Hall of Fame members, giving visitors an even more comprehensive experience while at the museum. Through a hand-held device, visitors can experience more than 175 numbered stops within the museum, highlighting personal stories and anecdotes from Hall of Fame members including Arnold Palmer, Byron Nelson, Tommy Bolt, Ben Crenshaw, Pete Dye, Sandra Haynie, Hale Irwin, Tony Jacklin, Carol Mann, Larry Nelson, Curtis Strange and more. An audio guide may be added to regular Hall of Fame admission for $3 (for one device) or $5 (for two devices). For more information, visit www.WorldGolfHallofFame.org.
For reservations, call (888) 740-7020.